There are three ways of searching Bugzilla:
- Advanced Search (designed for lists fitting a particular criteria; powerful, but complicated)
- Find A Specific Bug (does what it says on the tin; ordered by likelihood)
Quicksearch is a way of getting the simplicity of Find A Specific Bug with the specificity of Advanced Search. It does a case-insensitive, substring search of the keywords and free-text fields (except comments) on open bugs.
- Simple things do what you expect – you can “quote special characters like spaces”, -negate, either|or
- Start with ALL to search all bugs, including RESOLVED, e.g. “ALL component:Query/Bug List“
- You can search for the values of other fields using “fieldname:value”, e.g. “keywords:crash“(it uses sane field names rather than database column names)
That should get you started; read the docs for more. The quicksearch box is in the Bugzilla header and footer. Try it out!